If you have had an impaired driving or other criminal charge, your ability to cross borders can be impaired.
Customs informs us that with each plane load of American Hunters, they process and admit a couple of hunters under the Expedited Rehab process.
Call Saskatoon Immigration at 306-975-4619 for details on your specific circumstances.
The border officials are being more stringent than ever on enforcing legislation at the port of entry. Anyone with a past criminal record may be questioned and denied entry. The length of time that has elapsed has no bearing on admissibility.
Offences less than 5 yrs ago will require a permit that will be valid for only one year at that time. This can take 8 - 9 months to process.
If the sentence imposed ended more than 5 yrs ago, that person will qualify for a lifetime permit. Sometimes this can take only 2 months to obtain. For felonies, it may take up 16 months.
Should a person have only one minor offence over 10 yrs ago, they may be deemed rehab and not require a permit to enter.


As you may be aware, the US is legislating passports for land travel into the US beginning June 1, 2009. Passports are presently required for air travel. Currently, a photo ID and birth certificate are required to enter the US by land entry. Therefore after June 1, 2009 anyone traveling into the US will require a passport, regardless of the originating country.
The Canadian officials require a photo ID and birth certificate to enter into Canada. They are not currently legislating passports, however it is advisable to obtain one.
A passport is confirmation of citizenship and does not authorize travel if you have a criminal record. A felony or misdemeanour may prevent travel across the border. Anyone that has been arrested, fingerprinted or convicted of a criminal offence should contact us to determine eligibility.
Please ensure that you begin the paperwork well in advance to avoid delays or being denied entry. Anyone not holding a passport at this time will likely be able to cross into Canada but may not be able to travel back into the US.
For assistance with obtaining permission to cross the border, please contact Lucy Perillo at:

R3Y 1M6
email: bordercrossing@mts.net